Monday, March 15, 2010

Jesus Christ's Atonement FHE Lesson (Perfect for Easter)

We always use this lesson about Christ's atonement the week after the fun lesson about the Symbols of Easter.  While last week's lesson reminds the kids why we celebrate Easter and how to see the teachings of Christ in the fun of Easter, this lesson focuses more about helping children to truly understand the significance of the atonement in their lives.    I think that "The Parable of the Ketchup," in particular, is perfect for helping kids to understand what the atonement is (although for very young kids the story may need to be summarized to a shorter length).  The Visual of the Pits is a powerful hands-on activity for delving even deeper.  I say this almost every week, but this is one of my favorite lessons.  :)

*Check out the newly added  Atonement and the Tree of Life, which includes scriptures, videos, and quotes about the atonement. 

Click here to see my other ready-to-print lessons.  

***If you're having trouble viewing/downloading/printing these lessons, feel free to email me at wawadehut@gmail.com and I will email you the PDF files.
*** 

JESUS CHRIST'S ATONEMENT FHE LESSON




***************************************************************

8 comments:

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

You always have great ideas. We may steal some for our Easter lesson this year.

Charlene said...

would love this FHE lesson emailed to me! BTW, did your love at home lesson last night and the family loved it!! Thank you for sharing your lessons with us!!

melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
melissa said...

I was going through all the lessons downloading each one (bought a pass from scribd and now I have no problems!!) anyway as I was going through each one I thought "wow, Lara really has done a lot of work" you really have... it's pretty impressive what you've put together and thanks for sharing!
~melissa

Blooming Mommy said...

love your stuff! thanks a heap!

Anonymous said...

WOW, I have always wanted to do this but so far have not had the time. THANKS, I'll be visiting week by week for more to be sure!

Anonymous said...

I would just like to tell you how much we appreciate this blog. There really is something for everyone on this blog and everything that one needs to teach a lesson is all in one spot. I can not tell you thank you enough and I truly appreciate all of the hardwork you have done to help others and their families. Thank you so much!!